Sunday, May 5, 2013

My One Year Extravaganza!!


  Where has the time gone?! A whole year!! What an awesome thing that has been happening in my life with my first year in the journey of learning to draw. I am having a wonderful time and have been learning a great deal about myself and what I can do.

   This is a drawing I did a few months ago for a very dear friend of mine Andy. She has been a catalyst in my life these past four years that I have known her through Facebook. I totally adore her and wanted to draw something special to thank her for all she has done for me. I am quite honored to know that it's hung up in her apartment! It is my first try in drawing something realistically. I learned the coloring through an instructional video on youtube Bergma Studios. I would have never thought to use dark blues with orange to make that look so nice! I spent about 50-60 hours on this one getting the colors just right. I am looking forward to drawing this again. I took the coloring page from the youtube video and drew it.


.
My gift to Andy. She did a fabulous job with the mat and frame!

    One thing I like about drawing here in my chair is that I can have the laptop right there too so I can look up and see what I am doing wrong. Space is limited, but with a book it gets clunky. I still use my books all the time though!!

   
A Boy and His Bat

     This one is just me working a bit with clothes, bats, and anime/manga characters. I took what I have learned from Mark Kistler also on having items look 3-d. I cannot stop drawing animals and cute little creatures...it makes me happy.

     One thing I love about the Zentangle method is the calmness I feel while drawing the repeat patterns. I also can sometimes get out of my head with the chronic pain to try to get a hold of how much I let it get to me sometimes. It is hard. When it gets to where I do not go on, I try to surround myself with color.

Gaming Favorites


       I also play video games, those that know me well already know this. I have not really tried to draw them, so I gave it a go with the help of Dragoart.com's tutorials.  Here you see Wall-Nut, Pea Shooter, from Plants VS Zombies, Pikman, Butterfree from Pokemon, Mario and his Mushrooms, and Polterpup from Luigi's Mansion. I hope to be drawing more Pokemon especially.

Birdie and Friends

     Another bird I have seen from how to draw books on Amazon, I have a bunch in my wish list but some of them have previews of the books, or fun drawings just on the covers and I give it a try. I think this one turned out really nice. I like how it came out, I may draw a bigger picture of this!

Hearts and Flowers

     This picture I drew for another dear friend of mine Ginny who is going through a tough time right now. I wanted her to know what her friendship means to me and to also have a reminder when things get so hard that someone cares. I also hope that she can look at this and see new things each time. This one took about 40 hours to draw and get the colors right.

     
Alice In Wonderland Tribute
      This has been an awesome year. I also had someone send me artsy supplies as a surprise, or have gotten them as gifts. I have been asked to draw things for people, it is so super awesome!! I have learned a great deal and cannot wait to see what I will be learning for this coming up year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment