Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My One Zentangle A Day Experience



    I thought I would share my experience with Beckah Krahula's book, "One Zentangle A Day: A 6 Week Course In Creative Drawing For Relaxation, Inspiration, And Fun!"  BOOK!!  I am not drawing this each day, but I have read the first pages covering the history of doodling, how Zentangle got its start.  It's about 124 pages long, front and back have thick sturdy covers with folds like with a hard cover. (sorry not sure what it is called besides a jacket maybe) so you can use it as a handy bookmark.  There are three tangles with each lesson so far, with the steps and examples of finished tiles for inspiration. The author has a lengthy list of supplies, but if you are poor like me, you can make your tiles with regular drawing paper and a ruler. I also don't have the fancy paints and such, but I am improvising and maybe later when I get to that section I might be able to afford some.  Don't let that hold you back!

     Here is my first tile. 


This was made with the patterns: Tipple Static, and Crescent Moon.

This one is titled "Bee Blimp"  I try to draw serious things...but I don't think I can!!  The patterns used were: Nekton,  Fescu, and  Knightsbridge

   As I go on I will add more!!  Hope you enjoy, I really am enjoying the book. I think it is well written for anyone, beginners and I think there is plenty for more experienced tanglers.

No comments:

Post a Comment