Thursday, February 28, 2013

22 Years Ago!!



     Today is my son's 22nd birthday! I cannot believe he is this old! Such a fabulous kid too! I am very proud of the young man he is. I also look forward to the man he is becoming. He has been the biggest encourager for me with my love for drawing. I probably would not have even tried if it was not for him. I drew this for him. He was surprised and I think he really liked it. I am really happy with how it turned out. I look forward to drawing more!
My First Dragon

     I have also been watching a lot of coloring technique youtube videos and have frozen the image of a stamp. I then draw it freehand by breaking the picture down in small steps trying not to get overwhelmed and taking it one stroke at a time like Zentangle and also Dragoart.com teaches you to. I have also started to work with odorless mineral spirits to blend my colored pencils and this was the first try with it! The stamp is by C.C Designs. Stamp!! I added the link just in case you want to see it!
Pumpkin Patch!

     The more I learn, the happier I become. I watch a lot of speed drawings, trying to soak up everything I can so one day I can be that good!! I watch some of these 15 year old kids draw such amazing things and wish I had started younger!! I try not to get depressed over that though and focus on the fact that I am drawing things I never thought I would be able to a year ago. I mean that dragon, yeah its a bit misshapen, the coloring could be better, but wow....I drew a dragon!! 

     It's been a hard week, I have been missing my mom, she would have loved to see her grandson grow up and become such a wonderful, giving, young man. I also think I could have gotten her to draw or stamp or something that would have made her happy. She wanted to be artistic but was unsure how to. I would have enjoyed getting her to try stuff, not to mention she would love to see the art I am creating now!

     My son was  born at 3:24 am today. He is the absolute best thing that ever happened to me. I was 21 when I had him, he has taught me so many things, helped me become a better person.


2 comments:

  1. I love the dragon you created for your son! It's so wonderful that he encourages you in your art! I was also very touched by your comments about your mom. Will be spending some time browsing your posts and I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much Dana! That means a lot to me! I try to post something every week, depending on how much time it takes me to do a drawing!!

    ReplyDelete